Skip to main content

Just a couple of things

Since we got back from Australia I have driven past a field of swans, several times.  There are over 100 of them.  Mostly they are Whooper swans, on a winter holiday from Iceland, with a few mute swans mixed in.  They are quite an impressive sight!
They have been feeding on the same junior rapeseed field for several weeks now.  The above photo doesn't look very sharp - the wind was buffeting so probably jogged my freezing cold hand! In the background today, North Berwick Law sat in the sunshine, with everything else under cold grey cloud, and the occasional passing snow shower.  Apparently there is proper snow to come tonight. Fingers crossed!
I do love the late afternoon skies, at this time of year.  The sun comes out as an afterthought, just before sunset, and the colours are glorious!

Comments

  1. What a great sight! Have you had any snow yet? We live in hope down here in Cornwall but so far only sleet....Antonia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Antonia! I have, just this second, posted about our lack of snow today! Hope you get some - the children will love it! A x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!