Skip to main content

Still celebrating Autumn





Comments

  1. Autumn is:-
    Acorns & Apples
    Bales & Beauty
    Chestnuts & Cider
    Deciduous & Decorations
    Evergreen & Events
    Falling Leaves & Festivals
    Gourds & Golf
    Halloween & Harvest Moon
    Indian Summer & Influenza
    Jam & Jars
    Katydids & Khaki
    Leaves & Logs
    Migration & Moths
    Nuts & Nature
    October & Outside
    Persimmons & Pumpkins
    Quilts & Quivering
    Raincoats & Raking
    Trick or Treat & Turkey
    Scarecrows & Squirrels
    Umbrellas & Unicorns
    Variety & Vacations
    Woollens & Winter
    Yellow & Yarns
    Zest & Zeal

    Alphabetical Autumn...so many words to describe a magical time of year xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!