Skip to main content

Friday morning walk

With the sun in the sky and a dusting of snow on the distant Pentland Hills, the dogs and I set off to recce a walk for my walking group.  I am a walk leader and have to come up with a two hour walk three or four times a year.  Not being a local to this part of the world, I do sometimes struggle to find a four to five mile walk which will take exactly two hours.  So this morning was a test run that didn't quite work out.  I got tangled up with too many golfers and will now have to rethink!

Part of my proposed walk did involve the grounds of Gosford House, because it's a place I can't keep away from.  It is a place that never disappoints, and far too relaxing to miss on a quiet, sunny winter's morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!