Skip to main content

Daily exercise

There is conflicting information about what is and what isn't permissible when it comes to taking our daily exercise.  I refer to walking from our home or walking locally.  If I walk from our home I spend much of the time stepping to one side, with the dogs, to give a good 2 metre plus bit of air space between me and whoever is passing by.  I can do this countless times during a walk because there are so many more people out there, walking, OR I can get in the car, drive a couple of miles, still be local, and walk in glorious isolation around one of my favourite fields.  I never break rules, except the speed limit occasionally, but my argument on this occasion is that as I come in to the high risk category in respect of the pestilence, I am going to be very much less at risk walking around a field where there isn't another soul to be seen, than I am walking from home.  I rest my case.

So, on my first walk at large I had 8 deer and 8 brown hares for company.  Just my kind of walk.
The hares were distant, singly, and four or five together, and then they dispersed in various directions.  But the really important thing was that they were there!  Seeing them is always a magical moment.

Comments

  1. Frankly I would just break the rules...you are still local in my book and being isolated has many other bonuses.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!