Skip to main content

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

Comments

  1. What rich colours in your little vase today, Amanda - the dark sweet peas really tone down the garish orange of the nasturtium and the zinnia adds further richness (and a lot of satisfaction!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Very satisfied with the handful (literally) of zinnias that have managed to bloom this year! The nasturtium is a ridiculously brightly coloured flower, but I do love its intense colour. This year they seem to have produced a couple of colours I haven't had before - all by themselves!! A

      Delete
  2. As you say Amanda the flowers speak for themselves . I find zinnias challenging so understand your joy 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have another go next year, but maybe give them a bit more for a better start next time round!! A

      Delete
  3. It's a vibrant and compelling mix, Amanda. Sweet peas and zinnias growing at the same time is something I find hard to get my head around, such are the differences in our climates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly do have different climates to deal with. My garden is so tiny that I just try and grow a handful of favourites, and most of the time it works, although the zinnias have been very disappointing indeed this year - hence the joy with the one in my vase this week! A

      Delete
  4. Love those strong colours all together! ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours - so up lifting and boy does the world need this at present.
    Happy in my bubble in lockdown. Just wish I could go further than 5km xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!