Skip to main content

Mini cafe culture

I talked about the popularity of the coffee/cafe culture in Melbourne last time we were here.  It is still absolutely massive with hundreds of brilliant cafes around the city producing wonderful food and coffee.  

Going out for breakfast, brunch, lunch or whatever is almost certainly going to be a family affair for many and they really cater well for small customers here.  We went to a cafe called Balderdash in Port Melbourne yesterday where they serve a babycino - frothed milk with a sprinkling of chocolate on top and a marshmallow.  From the size of the marshmallow you will note the tiny cup and saucer!
In Fancy Pantry they offer Baby Bear sized table and chairs 
and at Jock's Ice Cream parlour pint size can get a mini ice cream cone (bit of a fuzzy photo, sorry!).
But back in Balderdash woe betide any parent who forgets themselves!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.