Skip to main content

Drif t e r s

Mr Gaucho and I are in serious danger of become Drif t e r s.  To explain more clearly, we have just visited a new cafe outside North Berwick, it is called Drift, and it has a perch on the clifftops above Canty Bay, with views out to sea which will take your breath away. You can look across the water to the Bass Rock, west along the Firth of Forth towards Edinburgh, and north to Fife.  It also has great hot chocolate, coffee and cake. I hope that they may soon offer things like soup and savoury things, but one step at a time is a good way to start a new venture, and judging by the busy crowded seating space inside the cafe  (a series of wood clad containers) it's all looking very promising.

Comments

  1. I am so in love. What a fab spot. I love shipping containers...so fabulous. Take me there when I am next over. Love Love Love.

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!