Skip to main content

Happy summer days

Ted has particularly enjoyed the summer sunshine over the past weeks.  He has a favourite spot on the lawn to lie and bake.  He has also spent a lot of time reclining on the cushions on the garden furniture!  

With a buzzard mewing and swallows chattering overhead, we all sat in gentle sunshine this morning, reading the paper, with Ted on his favourite chair and Tilly's head resting on Mr Gaucho's shoe.  

Happy summer days!

Comments

  1. Big sigh....just beautiful. Nothing like snoozy dogs in the sunshine. Hooray again. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!