Skip to main content

First afternoon

Further to this morning's post, we had a slightly treacherous, but still enjoyable, walk this afternoon across to a favourite series of beaches at Plaide Mhor, which I have visited every time we have been to Colonsay.  The walking conditions from the airstrip along a very muddy and stony track were not easy, but I made it down on to the beach while Mr Gaucho sat on a rock, with the dogs, and enjoyed the view out to sea.  I can think of worse places to sit and ponder!
 A glimmer of sunshine across the golf course looking back to the interior of Colonsay.
Something tells me that golf is not a very serious pursuit on Colonsay, apart from which I think there are far better ways of passing the time in this lovely place!  And anyway, there is a very good chance that you would never find the golf ball because it is more than likely it will be swallowed up by a rabbit hole.


Here's the prize!  This is what the skiddy, muddy walk was for.  Nothing between you and Newfoundland beyond the end of those beaches.
 I was definitely here!

Comments

  1. I feel like I am there with you! I can smell the sea and the damp earth!
    Cleanses the soul .. I love wild weather - enjoy & love!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.