Skip to main content

Pizza with a difference!

The half term bake off has finished and the grandchildren have all cooked dinner for their parents over the past couple of weeks.  My granddaughter was declared the winner this evening.  She triumphed over her brothers by producing a bit of a winner in the way of a pudding pizza!  A handmade pizza base, cooked off and cooled, and then topped with Nutella and marshmallows, the whole put back in a warm oven to melt the goo, and then dotted with fresh strawberries.

Behold, the winning and completely delicious confection!  

Comments

  1. Wow! I didn't realise you could make 'sweet' pizza. Our kids like to have a go at making their own pizza dough (less mess than other recipes!) so I'm sure they would love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to me too! And it was delicious! Have a go, definitely a winner, especially with kids! I think it's the Nutella that does it! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!