Sunday, 2 July 2017

Sunny Sunday morning and a brand new adventure

We have had a few good days of sunshine in Melbourne.  Don't be fooled, those of you reading this in the northern hemisphere!  That does not mean it is warm.  Winter in Melbourne is a very chilly affair, with icy early morning windscreens, layers of clothing for me (I knew to bring lots this time) and bundling up in the ever-present scarf.  But as long as the sun is shining - who cares!  
I spent most of the morning at my son's new cafe, Arboretum.  It's been open for just over a week, and so it was good to see people pouring in the door and tucking into good food, my daughter-in-law's scrumptious baking, and carefully prepared coffee.  The place was jumping, which is very encouraging for a first weekend of trading.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooohh can I have one of those Raspberry & Coconut Muffins with my Cappuccino, please? Congratulations to your son on his new venture - I wish him all the very best for the future. may the crowds keep coming! What an eye-catching flower you have photographed there, too; it's rather beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic place and food is excellent xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comments! It's early days for Arboretum. Long days working hard but if they can't make a go of it, no-one can! The flower is one of the many eucalyptus trees. The flowers look like tassels which should be holding back curtain swags!

    ReplyDelete