Skip to main content

Just a suggestion

Here's an option for a cold windy Monday afternoon - if you are short of something to do!
 Edinburgh Castle in the background
Personally, I was quite happy to keep walking and leave them to it!  

Comments

  1. Good grief was that person completely mad? Must have had a very thick wet suit on and taken some nutty pills.
    Hope you are all keeping well? x Great photos as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were two of them, and I have to say they seemed to spend most of their time in the water rather than screaming across it! Probably enjoyed themselves anyway, and the sun was shining so why not!! We have snow now - hooray! Not much, but better than none at all! A xx

      Delete
  2. Brrrr! That water looks soooo cold, cold, cold and even with a wetsuit on, you wouldn't entice me in there. However, the bright colours added to your winter photographs and they seem to be enjoying themselves, so thank you, mad people!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!