Skip to main content

Brrrrrrrrrr

Yesterday, while I was hanging up washing in the garden, I heard a lark singing.  The sound transported me to sunny, blue sky days of summer.  Hooray!  Well today, we have the blue skies but the temperatures have dropped - AGAIN.  So, to gladden the heart and embrace the cold, here are some glorious snowdrops from the woods on the Smeaton Estate, near East Linton.


Comments

  1. These are beautiful! So cheering on a cold, snowy February day here. Ellen in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Ellen, from a cold and frosty Scotland! Siberian winds are promised for next week and I can't say I am looking forward to those one little bit! This winter seems to be going on for EVER! Roll on the gentle, pretty days of spring - can't wait! Thank you for visiting the running wave. A

      Delete
  2. WOW!!!! Such a wonderful carpeting of Snowdrops, the best I've seen in a long while. In this area, some of the village greens have stunning displays of Snowdrops each year and last year they seemed outstanding, large clumps of them all over the green centre of the village and many more clumps in the cottage gardens surrounding the green. This year, not quite such a good display but I have no doubt they will be refreshed next Spring.
    Thank you for such beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful-so glad to see the lovely snowdrops!
    Hope all is well? X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!