Skip to main content

Sunshine, east of Leith

We have had some ferocious weather this winter, and I am really tired of it now.  For me, the relentless, very strong winds have been the most tiresome feature.  Roll on Spring.  There are signs.  Snowdrops, a few wispy crocuses spotted today, and also a handful of aconites.  

However, the sun has shone today.  A beautiful blue day, light winds, and this afternoon we even sat in a sheltered corner of the garden for a little while.  I left my beloved old cat, Pippi, enjoying the almost-warm sun, and the dogs and I drove over to Athelstaneford, for a walk.  It's a pretty little village, with wonderful views north to Fife, east to North Berwick and out to sea, south to the Lammermuir Hills, and west to the Garleton Hills.  I find it an uplifting place to be, and we had a really great walk along grassy field margins.  My favourite kind of walking.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.