Skip to main content

Wednesday walk

I missed the last outing with the walking group, because we were up in Applecross.  We go out every other Wednesday, and so today was the day.  We walked along the coast, between the beach and two of East Lothian's many golf courses.  It was overcast but dry, and an extremely enjoyable, gentle 5 mile walk.
If you look at the horizon carefully in the photograph below, you will see the three towers of the Queensferry Crossing, the new bridge across the Firth of Forth, which is currently under construction.  Amazingly, it is progressing on schedule and, I believe, under budget.  This is not news you often hear in relation to building projects in Scotland (think ... Scottish Parliament building, Edinburgh tram)!  On completion, in about one year's time, the towers will be over 200 metres high, making it the tallest bridge in the UK.  
As we walked along the top of the beach, we had company!  There were four seals larking about in the lagoon.  I just managed to capture one of them.

Comments

  1. Looks like another great walk. Love the seals...such playful, positive animals! Not sure how anyone could ever have mistaken a seal for the Loch Ness Monster!!!!!!!!
    Happy walking!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!