Skip to main content

Room with a view - and a half

Desirable property, in need of some renovation.
Think of all the simple meals cooked on this little range, a long time ago.  A very basic home, probably warm from the heat of the fire, but a howling gale outside.  Sounds cosy, but the inhabitants of this cottage would have had an incredibly hard life.  A lifestyle we can't even imagine these days.  One hell of a view though!
I could hear three cuckoos calling while I was standing on this spot.  


Comments

  1. I wonder if Tesco delivered out there? As you say, they had a very hard life. That's a poignasnt photo of the long disused and rusty range; in its heyday, I bet it was kept black and shiny.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.