Skip to main content

Confused little soul

Autumn is in now in full swing, and the leaves on the trees have a glowing palette of golden yellow, reds, tawny golds and crispy browns.  And in the midst of everything falling to bits in the countryside, I found this confused little soul, nestling in amongst moss and the buttery yellow fallen leaves of silver birch.  Made my day!

Comments

  1. Aw Bless!! Someone got woken out of hibernation too early. I don't suppose it knows what season it is, because it's still very mild for autumn. I am still seeing the occasional bee buzzing around my purple Hebe flowers and some late Buddleias.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.