Skip to main content

A cold and frosty morning

On a sunny Saturday morning, sparkling with frost, the dogs and I walked around our favourite field. There was a satisfying crunch of walking boot on frozen mud and, as always, glorious views to Fife, Edinburgh and Arthur's Seat and the Garleton Hills to the east.


Comments

  1. I have a very quick look at all your lovely photos...it looks like you are having some fine frosty weather there.
    Love the walks and the vases. May very well be in Hampshire over Christmas.

    Lots going on here, not much time to browse your blog.

    Love

    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A visit to the running wave whenever you can manage it is always very welcome! Christmas in Hampshire - what could be better! Fingers crossed. xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!