Skip to main content

Happy Easter

Happy Easter

My eldest granddaughter and I are off to Australia early tomorrow morning.  We are going to visit my youngest granddaughter, in Melbourne, to give the two cousins some time together.  We are super-excited to be making this trip, and as well as seeing much missed friends and family, I am looking forward to finding some good photos for the running wave.  

In the meantime, I hope you and your families have a very peaceful and Happy Easter, being mindful of what we are celebrating, and, hopefully, also enjoying satisfying amounts of chocolate.



Comments

  1. Happy Easter! We are so looking forward to seeing you! Safe travels xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! Just running round like an idiot trying to remember everything to pack, and preparing Easter Sunday lunch to take into H's for later today - it's all go around here! See you very soon - hooray! A x

      Delete
  2. Really looking forward to it. Lots of love and big hug to H. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in - I'm guessing you've either arrived or are still in the air! Hope you have a good journey and looking forward to more lovely stories. Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!