Skip to main content

Birthday Girl

It's Tilly's 10th birthday today.  Happy Birthday Tilly, constant companion and grand little lady.  (Not always ladylike in her behaviour, I hasten to add!).
Many happy returns of the day Tills. xx

Comments

  1. Awww, there's something about an old dog that tugs at the heart-strings. She looks a lovely little dog, awake or asleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's a great character. Looking a little lopsided these days since she lost her earflap with the tumour on her head last December. She's kept young by the pup, Ted, constantly goading her and keeping her on her toes generally! We have sunshine today - hooray! Hope you have a sunny weekend in Cornwall. A x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!