Skip to main content

Early morning skies

We do enjoy some wonderful sunsets here, but in recent days the early morning light has been equally beautiful.  Last week, there were still lots of leaves left on the trees, but a couple of sharp frosts has brought many of them down - but not before I managed a couple of snapshots to record them in all their autumn glory.  
The sky last night was vivid with another lovely sunset.  I like the idea of the sun disappearing over the horizon and travelling down under to shine on my family and friends in Australia, before reappearing here again this morning! 
This week the morning light has been more gentle.  The silver birch trees are looking particularly lovely in the soft peachy light, and today I finally remembered to take my camera with me on our walk at around 7.30 am.



Comments

  1. Great starts and ends to the day, hope you have a lovely walking week x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!