Skip to main content

Empty skies

So they've gone now.  The last of the swallows, about fifty of them, left on 4 September.  They are probably over France somewhere by now.  
Our skies seem very empty without them, despite the daily gangs of starlings (not enough for a murmuration) and finches, the ever-present flock of seagulls, a few curlew and some oystercatchers.  
Roll on springtime.

Comments

  1. I saw a few on my dog walk this morning...perhaps they've high tailed it here.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jet propelled! Perhaps they are waiting for me! An advance party, so to speak! xx

      Delete
  2. Indeed! They chase the dogs! Quite territorial xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.