Skip to main content

I'll be back!

An enjoyable early Autumn walk this afternoon, in one of my favourite places.  I never tire of the view from this hillside, and with Edinburgh Castle on the western horizon and light shining along the Firth of Forth, I went in search of damsons.  They are there, but not quite ripe enough to collect today.  I'll be back though!  Delicious little flavour-packed plums and far too good to miss.  I have been looking forward to picking them all year!
If Radio 3 can launch their Christmas carol competition for budding amateur composers, I can definitely post this photo without apology.  I will definitely be back for these ripening berries - if the birds don't beat me to it between now and mid-December!

Comments

  1. Oh wow...beautiful berries. Damson Jam? or some Damson gin? Yum.

    Enjoy. I am using the glut of lemons and oranges at the moment to make - lemonade, lemon curd, lemon barley water and bases for hot toddies.

    Love to you
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.