Skip to main content

Thought for the day

Melbourne must be graffiti capital of the world!  This amazing art form is everywhere and we have been wandering the streets and back lanes, seeking it out - which isn't difficult!  Mr Gaucho has taken hundreds of photos of the enormous murals which stretch out along the back walls of so many buildings here.  Some of the alleys are distinctly smelly and dirty but you just have to go for it if you want to find some of the good stuff.

While I certainly admire the ability of the graffiti artist I find the majority of the work to be quite dark and threatening in many ways.  I have tended to photograph some of the more beautiful aspects of the work we have seen.  In this post, though, I thought I would start with some of the more thoughtful graffiti I have seen.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!