Skip to main content

Sad Sunday

Today has not been a good day.  Today we lost our beloved old cat Girlie.  She collapsed this morning with a pulmonary thrombo-embolism.  She lived a good life, always loving to be outside in all weathers.  She was fierce and independent, unbelievably fussy with her food but in her youth liked avocado and cucumber.  In her previous life she was obviously a ballerina because whenever she left the room her tail, with a white tip on the end, would give a little flourish, like a dancer waving her outstretched arm and hand as she leaves the stage.  She conclusively wrecked all our upholstery and never let anyone give her a cuddle but she has been part of our family for 17 years and we loved her.
God bless, Girlie.  We will not forget you.  xxxx

Comments

  1. There are moist eyes here in Devon at the sad news of Girlie's last day. But what a life she had. She always made me think of Kipling's 'The Cat that Walked by Himself' . . . http://www.boop.org/jan/justso/cat.htm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!