Skip to main content

Tuesday tally

Tilly and I had a brisk walk around the block today.  Walking through the big field behind the house, we saw a snipe, a small herd of curlews (!) and two hares.  Later, I stood and watched another hare running, in haphazard fashion, around another field.  I can't imagine what it's agenda was, but it seemed a bit undecided!  While I watched the hare, I listened to a skylark overhead, working its way through its 20 minute repertoire.    What a treat!

Not sure what these ladies were thinking about as they gazed at us pass by.  I would love to know! The one in the middle looks a bit worried.

Comments

  1. Perhaps the hare was practising it's 'tacking' technique as a fast getaway for a later adventure!
    Blowing out the cobwebs and getting your thoughts in order is vital xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!