Skip to main content

Seizing the day!

In the UK we are all atwitter about the spell of fine, warm weather. we are enjoying.  It's been gloriously good for all the wrong reasons of course, but with so much else to be feeling stressed about (B-word and all that), I just feel that if the weather is irresistible, embrace it and go for a good walk!  It could be snowing this time next week - you never know.

I needed to do a recce for my next walking group walk so today was the day.  It involved a short bus journey from North Berwick to Whitekirk and then walking back, cross country, to NB.  It took the dogs and me exactly 2 hours, to the minute, from getting off the bus to finally reaching the car.  Perfect timing for the walk, which are designed to take two hours.  En route we enjoyed the sunshine, the views, lots of skylarks singing away in the blue skies above, snowdrops and early appearances of sapphire blue germander speedwell and red dead nettle.  I had to keep reminding myself that we are still in February!  Bonkers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.