Skip to main content

The weekly egg run

Most Saturday afternoons the dogs and I walk across the golf course and along two sides of a big square field to reach the farm shop, where I buy eggs for Sunday breakfast and top up on good local vegetables.

Today's foray was special because it the first decent walk we have had together for almost two weeks.  Both the dogs have been unwell, with an unidentified stomach bug which put poor little Ted in the Hospital for Small Animals, which is part of The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies.  He was there for three nights following a small op to see if there was anything stuck in his system, which hadn't been picked up by two separate x-rays.  He has really been through the mill (and so have we) but thankfully, he is almost back to normal, apart from being more than picky about what he will eat.  But he is now eating a little, after ten days of refusing anything and everything.  So hooray for that!

We walked in lovely, almost warm, sunshine.  No snowdrifts here, just a light sprinkling of the white stuff left over from last night.  The ponds across the golf course are all frozen solid, and air so clear that the views north west to the snowy hills of Perthshire and north, towards the sea, were glorious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!