Skip to main content

Green

Happily driving along this afternoon, on our way to explore a new walk, and I was unexpectedly accosted by the green eyed monster.  This is why :
A shepherd's caravan, recently sited at the top of a field, looking south. I want one. I've always wanted one.  When I was a little girl, my cousin and I used to play in an original, old one, on my uncle's farm.  So now, every time I go along that road I am going to be tinged with green.  It's even got a woodburning stove.  It's all a bit of a blow.

We enjoyed our walk.  It wasn't quite as interesting as I thought it was going to be, but Traprain Law, to the south, was looking moody and marvellous.  And I found a green cabbage on the side of the road, which had fallen off the back of a tractor, so that was a bonus!
Back in the wood, the snowdrops are looking beautiful, and probably at their best.  Once the flowers have gone over, I will transplant a few, while they are "in the green".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!