Skip to main content

Double whammy win!

Whoohoooo!  Oxford won the Boat Race today - twice!  Many congratulations to the ladies in particular.  Not sure why their race has been relegated to another time and another place for the last 88 years, but today was their day and it was great to see Oxford triumph so convincingly over Cambridge.  Likewise the chaps!  

I had a bit of a good vantage point, on the umpire's launch, to get this shot of the dark blues streaking ahead of the pale blues,
and then again from the helicopter to see Oxford on one side of Barnes Railway Bridge, and Cambridge lagging behind on the other!  
You can probably tell I am an Oxford supporter!  After all the hours I spent on the Thames riverbanks, trainers' launches, and hanging around boathouses when I was 18, endlessly waiting for a Oxford rower boyfriend, it is hardly surprising.  Oh, and my dad was an Oxford man, so it's in the blood anyway!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.