Skip to main content

The party's over!

Mr Gaucho has said more than once in the last two or three weeks that the cherry blossom seems to have been better than usual.  I think he could be right, but sadly, now, the trees in the garden are coming into leaf, and the blossom is fluttering to the ground like confetti.  We have a carpet of petals;  all that white loveliness is fading and giving way to fresh green leaves.

Comments

  1. Spring blossom is beautiful to see and a real lift to the spirits after a long, wet and cold winter. A pity it lasts such a short time, but thankfully it heralds the appearance of more beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!