Skip to main content

Bank holiday

We have just had a bank holiday weekend in Scotland.  The weather has been lovely and some took full advantage of having extra time to spend by the sea.  On my walk with Tilly yesterday I passed by one or two small encampments, sited on the edge of the pinewoods, where the campers will have woken up to the sound of the waves, a few yards away.  

Some of these weekend visitors were busy during their stay, some of it decorative, as well as expressing their feelings about the world in a way that I feel is not entirely in keeping with the surroundings.  Neat writing though!
Others had better ideas!
I added the smallest pebble to the tippy-top of this very impressive Inuit-inspired cairn!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!