Skip to main content

Crimson clover

Crimson clover, or Italian clover, Trifolium incarnate, is new to me!  I had never seen it before until we walked into a field at the start of a walk yesterday, and dotted through the grasses along the field margin was a scattering of wine red flower spikes.  Immediately captivated, I went a bit overboard on photographing the flower and identified it once we were home.  It is a plant used for green manure, but before it reaches that stage it is a very handsome wild flower!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.