Skip to main content

G'day!



Our first Australian sunrise which greeted us as we arrived here early this morning!  This photo is taken through the car window with my son's iPhone, because the battery in my own camera decided to give up the ghost in an untimely fashion!  It's not a great photo but the colours were amazing.


We had an excellent journey.  20 hours flying and we arrived on the dot.  We had to comment that it seems pretty crazy that the time keeping was really rather more impressive than a train journey from London to Edinburgh on a good day!




We sped on, crossing from Tullamarine Airport on one side of Melbourne to Armadale on the opposite side of the city.  Another iPhone photo snapped an early morning downtown Melbourne from the Bolte Bridge.  We are looking forward to our first excursion into the city - it's only a tram ride from here.




We've had a lovely family reunion and have finally met our new granddaughter and I've been able to hold her at last!  She is absolutely adorable, like a little tiny doll.  It's a happy prospect to know that I have two months to spend with her and her ma and pa!

Comments

  1. Fab photos. How exciting to have 2 months to explore , and be with your granddaughter too. How old is she? I hope we might have a photo of her soon?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!