Skip to main content

Mystery object

While I have been watching The Great British Bake Off, followed by The Missing, what looks to be a travelling Christmas tree has been making its way, v e r y  s l o w l y, up the Firth of Forth.  Now that it has drawn level and, worringly, appears to have halted its progress opposite our sitting room, I think that it might be an oil drilling platform, flanked by a couple of tugs.  There are a few of these further up and on the Fife side of the estuary.  The two tugs appear to be moving away from the glittering object.  However, these are not pretty things, and if it's still there in the morning, will be a blight on the horizon and hopefully won't stay too long!
Early Thursday morning update : it's gone!  Hooray!  Ted's very happy about that.

Comments

  1. Ha ha! Love that toothy smile. An oil rig in full view is NOT what you need.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!