Skip to main content

Friday walk

It's a bit of a grey morning here in East Lothian, a quiet day, with soft end-of-winter colours across the landscape.  I do love them.  The willow tree in the foreground of this photo is just beginning to show a flush of pale olive green as it gets ready for spring.  Tilly and I went along the bottom of this field before walking around the pine wood on the right hand side.  As we reached the corner of the wood we disturbed a group of deer.  They bounded off into the wood.  They have the ability to completely disappear!  And then you see a head, with ears held alert, and they are standing in a group, watching and waiting to see what is going to happen next!  
By the time we came back around the pine wood, the deer were standing in a group, with two young fawns, in their pretty creamy coats, sitting like a couple of bookends in this tableau.
I glanced back to the mansion house, across the fields behind us, and then walked on home for breakfast.
I hope you have a good weekend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.