Skip to main content

Beggar's belief!

It is ten to eight in the evening, on Wednesday, 4 April, and we have had one of the worst days of unseasonal weather I can remember.  Non-stop rain, sleet, wind, and a temperature of 2 degrees C.  In Edinburgh the snow is lying.  The roads and lots of fields are flooded across East Lothian and now, at this late stage in the day, the sun has come out.  The audacity of it!

Comments

  1. What wild weather! Wow... can’t believe its so awful! Sun ☀️ though brief is pretty!
    Is Tills still relaxing on the bed? Waiting for spring 🤗
    I do hope that sun is a sign of good things on the horizon ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woken to sunshine this morning. Hallelujah! xxx

      Delete
  2. Yay☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️🤗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.