Skip to main content

They're back!

They left on around 12 September last year, and today ..... they are back!  The swallows swooped in at breakfast time this morning, much to my jubilation, and of course,Ted's delight.  His summer playmates have returned to him.  Welcome back fearless little travellers.  It's so good to see you in our skies again.

Comments

  1. Amazing - I haven't seen any yet in Cornwall! Looks like they bypassed us and headed north x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having said that, I think they took one look at our weather, which until today has been just awful (cold, windy, foggy, wet) and wondered why they bothered, and I haven't seen them since! Hopefully they are checking out some nesting sites and we will see them again over the coming days, with ...... hopefully ....... improved weather conditions! A x

      Delete
  2. Such sweet birds! And so well travelled!
    To think how far they go!
    Happy days for you all xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.