Skip to main content

Leaving it all behind

So that's it then!  All over in a twinkle.  We are home again.  Admittedly our week's holiday was one day shorter than it should have been, but I feel as though it only lasted for little longer than a weekend!  But it was good, and worth the year long wait!

As we pulled away from the jetty at Scalasaig the island became enveloped in a huge rainstorm.  We sailed away in sunshine, with a few raindrops as we headed for a brief stop at Port Askaig, on Islay.  Our route home had been re-routed and we returned via Kennacraig on the Mull of Kintyre.  Amazing scenery from the moment we left Colonsay until we drove past the southern tip of Loch Lomond.  Scotland is a very beautiful country.
A last lingering look at Colonsay,
and then the distinctive and mysterious profile of Jura loomed on the port side of the ferry.
 I gazed longingly at a ferry going back out towards Colonsay!
 Jura, as it disappeared into the distance.
We had a brilliant few days on Colonsay.  And we will be back .... in October.  It's all booked!

Comments

  1. I love Scotland! No doubt it is so very scenic! Happy things to look forward to and October will be here in a flash! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.