Skip to main content

Saturday, 21 April 2018

Day two on our paradise island, and an early morning walk with the dogs, through the outer gardens of Colonsay House.  Magical, as always.
In early morning sunshine, nothing to be heard but birdsong.  

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning ...

In the afternoon my cousin and I walked, at low tide, across the strand to Oransay.  The tide was still running out and previous efforts in the past showed that wellies were the best thing to wear.  Wellies or off with the walking boots and socks to wade through the water!  I left my wellingtons and backpack by an upturned rowing boat and we continued on our way.
 Looking back across the strand to Colonsay.
 We walked over to the south side of the island and looked back across to the islands of Jura and Islay.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.