Skip to main content

Out of the blue

We have been away for a week, with no internet, and therefore nothing new on the running wave.  I have over 400 photographs to trawl through before I can post anything here, so in the meantime, here's a modest collection featuring blue, starting in Marrakech
Spain
Melbourne
New York
Applecross
Long Island
 Marrakech again,
 across the sea, to Jura
Spanish fishing nets
Aboriginal totem pole, Melbourne
Prestonpans, near Edinburgh
the Dandenongs, Victoria, Australia
the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
 the paps of Jura

No, not in Salcombe, Port de Soller, Majorca!


Comments

  1. The Salcombe boat certainly bought back an avalanche of great memories, one of my most favourite places on the planet. And I have walked past that so many many times.
    Old Girls is fab too.
    Cheers to Blue.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.

Found items IAVOM

I am on holiday on the Inner Hebridean island of Colonsay. It is my happy place. Thoughts of Colonsay rattle around in my head each and every day I am not here! I haven't got a vase to share this week but some lovely things I have found over the past few days, which are just as beautiful as a vase of flowers! I hope you agree! Here are some leaves of giant rhododendrons, growing in the outer gardens of Colonsay House. Some skeleton leaves of magnolia. The dried stem of a kelp seaweed. A couple of conkers (can never resist those!), and a branch heavily populated by a number of lichens. The air on Colonsay is so clean that lichens flourish here!