Skip to main content

Very close to home

Having so enjoyed someone else's garden last weekend, it occurred to me yesterday that I really should take a closer look at our own garden.  It seems that sometimes we can spend so much time working at something, we never stop to actually look at it.  So here we go - some things I found to enjoy very close to home.
The wild parts of the garden have little beauties which are just as lovely as the cultivated plants.  Actually, I probably prefer them!
This is Missy, my eldest granddaughter's young cat.  She's a little character, constantly prowling the garden and the wood.  Here, she is probably contemplating her next victim.
Looking out of the garden, into the wood, the leaves are still fresh and green.  The canopy has not yet become so dense that we cannot glimpse the field beyond.  In a few weeks, the leaves will have grown, and closed us in until the autumn.
 My single white violet plant gets bigger every year.  It's a little beauty.
Finally, a little collection from the garden, brought into the house.  The predominant colours at the moment are whites and shades of purple.  Lovely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Early morning light

There have been some cracking early morning skies this week.  The sunrise has generated a strong rose gold light which has been picked up not only in the clouds but also through the silver-white grasses around the edge of the golf course. I always marvel at the clouds.  Constantly changing, formations that have never been seen before, never to be seen again.  

In a vase on Monday - colour

The intense colours in my vase this week come from nasturtiums, sweetpeas and a single glorious zinnia! Their beauty and love of life speak for themselves and need no further words from me! Enjoy!

A simple vase on Monday

I have just one flower in my vase this week. A simple, pretty, wild narrow-leaved Michaelmas daisy. The vase is actually a black pottery cup. I wish I could remember where we bought it and who made it, but it is a great favourite of mine. I even made it the subject of a piece of artwork several years ago. Clearly shaped by hand, it has the air of a Japanese piece about it.